Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Serving our country..one brownie at a time!

So my boyfriend just joined the Navy and while he spent 2 months in boot camp eating not the best of food, all I wanted to do was send a package with baked goods for him and his friends.  However, he was not able to receive packages- so for his graduation I made sure I brought him enough cookies and brownies to last him and his friends maybe maybe an hour. 

I went all out and created these miniature brownies that had peanut butter chips on the inside...but that wasn't the most creative part of the brownies!  I bought a stencil from Michael's with an anchor on it- and I then proceeded to use powdered sugar and stenciled anchors on the top of brownies for little sailor brownies!  They not only came out adorable, but they were delicious too!  A new trick I want to try is actually piping peanut butter into the center of the brownie for a softer center than the PB chips!

Now that he is out of boot camp and on base- I can send him food! Since I love brownies and I figured they would ship the easiest- I made regular brownies.  But since I was missing one of my key additives- I cut up dark chocolate Hershey's bars and tossed them into the mix- and OMG they came out amazing- my mouth was watering just smelling them!

Seeing that I am going out to visit him in 2 weekends, I want to bring some fresh goodies for him and his shpmates- I was thinking of making some peanut butter cookies with hershey kisses?  Or I was thinking going with simple chocolate chip cookies- classic, but everyone loves them!   We will see how much time I have next week- after packing and what not...maybe I will do both! 

Expect some more posts about the military- because I am going to start a service baking project for the troops! Keep an eye out!
 here are the sailor brownies!

here is my sailor!
BAKE ON!

No comments:

Post a Comment