Tuesday, September 7, 2010

When you wish upon a star!

So a new trend in my cakes...DISNEY cakes!!!  I mean it all started when I made a Tinkerbell cake for my best friend Erica.  It was the first time I attempted to make a Disney character and actually make the face!  I used a mold for her face and then I just followed the contours of the mold to make her face.  I think the defining part of that cake was her hair.  I used a special tip that gave it a very textured feel, and more realistic (for yellow hair!)  Check it out below!

Also, since I just started the new doll cake phase I made yet another Disney Princess!  This time, I chose to do Cinderella.  I was debating between making her or Princess Aurora (Sleeping Beauty) and well...who does not love Cinderella's dress?  She came out beautiful!  I had some trouble with the ribbon detail along the bottom.  But I actually think the sweeping marks of the icing knife gave the dress some body and life!  It was a huge hit!  My co worker's niece goes "It's a doll?  and a cake?  I can keep the doll and eat it?!!"  She was ecstatic- which made it worth it all!  Always does.

That's all the Disney I have for now...up until a Hannah Montana cake coming up later this month!!  Stay posted!  and Bake ON!

No comments:

Post a Comment