Wednesday, August 25, 2010

It's Beauty and....Andi!

So this was the first year I have been home for my cousin's birthday!  So, of course I was recruited to make her cake.  Starting August 1st - Andi asked me if I was making her cake that day...I told her she had to wait until her actual birthday.

Well- yesterday I set to work on making her Belle cake.  It was going to be her beautiful yellow/golden ball gown with Belle inside!  I didn't tell her what I was making, but I could feel her excitement throughout the day when she would ask if her cake was ready!  I bought special/edible gold sparkles for the cake so that Belle could shimmer! 

I made the cake- and added a base so that there was enough room for the Belle doll to fit through...as I placed her in the center of the cake- I realized I had mis-judged the height!  The cake started to split!  AH!  So instead of panicking- I slowly removed the doll and iced the cake with a rough coat of yellow icing...this kept the cake together and formed a great base!  I then piped ribbon like icing around her dress and added the sparkles!  I slipped Belle into the cake and voila!  It came out awesome and Andi was ecstatic! 

She came running up to me and goes "Thank you for making my Belle cake, Vicky"- worth it every time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment