Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Cookie Monster!

While watching an episode of "Cake Boss" last night, I was inspired by the cookies and cookie cake that Buddy made for Sesame Street's Cookie Monster!  Growing up, who did not love Cookie Monster?  I know that now-a-days, "cookies are a one-time treat" but you can not deny how delicious cookies are!

My favorite cookies to make are peanut butter cookies with Hershey kisses...its pure peanut butter heaven in your mouth!  However, the most delicious melt in your mouth cookie are my great-grandmother's almond biscotti.  Right out of the oven, they are so warm and Delicious that they just melt in your mouth.  True to biscotti, (which means twice baked) if you leave them for a few days- they get nice and crunchy!  Crunchy enough that you have to dip them into your tea or coffee (sometimes even wine like Santo Spirito) to really enjoy them!

I love making my cookies from scratch, and I experiment all the time with different types of cookies and am now going to try and decorate cookies!  Always up for new suggestions and ideas- feel free to leave comments!  Be sure to get a cookie next time you have some coffee or tea, it will make the whole experience that much greater!  Bake on!

No comments:

Post a Comment