Thursday, August 12, 2010

Yummy Yummy Cupcakes!

I think that cupcakes are under-rated, up until recently atleast.  If you turn on the Food Network, or walk down a street in New York City you are going to see a Crumbs Cupcake bakery, (Sprinkles on the west coast), or you are going to catch an episode of Cupcake Wars!  Cupcakes are making a comeback, and much to my delight!


I enjoy making miniature cupcakes, just big enough for 1-2 bites and they can be colorful and creative.  I have also experimented with giant cupcakes (enough to feed lots of people!) and even filled a chocolate cupcake with chocolate pudding (if you are a chocoholic!). And of course, I can not forget the regular cupcakes-- either brightly colored with sprinkles, or specially decorated, they are super easy to experiment with!


Next up, I am going to have some fun with my mixer and make a variety of different flavors, not necessarily just chocolate or vanilla, but maybe an espresso cupcake or a peanut butter cupcake with chocolate on top!  I will definitely keep you updated and feel free to post some other ideas for other flavors!

No comments:

Post a Comment