Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Take me out to the ball game!

Well as an avid sports fan, and a New Yorker, I am obviously a Yankee fan.  Over the past year I have had the opportunity to make a few sports cakes.  Unfortunately, one of them was a Boston Red Sox cake.  I am not a fan of the team, but it was actually a fun cake to make- I even put a layer of M&M's in the center, and yes- they were red and blue.  That little surprise made the cake extra delicious, and I am always more than happy to put anything fun in the center of the cake...M&Ms, Sprinkles, Strawberries, Cream, Pudding..you name it!

Then, once the Yankees won the World Series- I made a Yankee cookie cake with blue and white icing and the symbol.  It was a birthday cake for a few co-workers of mine.  They weren't really Yankees fans, but I couldn't resist bragging about my fave! 

I think sports cakes are great- they make awesome gifts for guy friends, sons, brothers, husbands, and boyfriends.  I can make logos, jerseys, helmets, or even a field (granted..I am not on the level of making a full replica of Yankee Stadium...but I can make a little league field to start with!)

Take a look at the cakes, and feel free to post comments or suggestions!  PLAY BALL!

No comments:

Post a Comment