Thursday, April 26, 2012

My New Obsession

So I may be a little late to the game with my obsession with Pinterest, but I think it is one of the most beneficial and healthy obsessions that I could ever have!  I don't spend too much time on Pinterest, but when I have a few minutes to spare, I'll sift through the "Food and Drink" section - it's my absolute favorite!

I have come across some of the most interesting and challenging recipes that I would never think to try or even find on my own accord!  Over the past two months I have attempted and experimented with so many new techniques and flavors - I feel like I have developed into a more capable baker!  I started with Irish Car Bomb cupcakes where I infused alcohol into a cupcake, created a chocolate ganache, and a Bailey's icing all from scratch.  I made Oreo rice Krispy treats that had my office ranting and raving.  S'mores bites, lemon blueberry cupcakes, chocolate cinnamon cakes, stout brownies, PEEP cake and many more...I found all of these recipes on Pinterest and made them my own!  Check out my Pinterest boards - most of them are for sweets, but every so often I add a different recipe, or style in there!

And if you have any favorite, unique recipes - feel free to share!  I love experimenting, and I am always looking for an excuse to bake, so please share and remember to bake on!

No comments:

Post a Comment