Tuesday, April 17, 2012

A backup cake!

I know I posted a while ago about my Youth Group's bake sale - but I don't think I fully explained HOW MUCH baking I actually did that weekend... It was actually quite absurd.  I had researched a whole bunch of different cakes, a variety of flavors, designs, etc, this way there was a flavor, cake and sweet for everyone!

I was a Girl Scout growing up, and I came across a cake based on one of the most popular Girl Scout cookies, the Samoa.  I thought this was a great dessert - taking a classic cookie and making it a cake! I bought all of the supplies from the recipe and didn't bother to actually read the recipe.  As I was about to start the Samoa cake, I scrolled through the recipe to find out that one of the main steps included boiling condensed milk for over 10 hours!  Goodness- I couldn't do that.  So I hopped on Pinterest and found a simple chocolate-cinnamon bundt cake, and knowing I had all of those ingredients - I started on that cake.  It was simple and a huge hit!  I was happy I was able to think on my feet, but it definitely still is on my to-do list to figure out how to make a Samoa cake :)  Check it out below and remember to BAKE ON!

No comments:

Post a Comment