Monday, April 23, 2012

Something New!

My boyfriend really isn't that much into sweets, which makes it difficult dating me :)  I bake sweets all the time, and I love giving him a taste test of everything.  Every trip I make to see him in VA, I have to bring some sort of baked good (along with hummus, cracker, pizza, pepperoni and chicken cutlets - all his faves)!

I usually pick something pretty easy to make and transport to VA, but this time I really thought about what HE likes, and what his favorite flavors are.  I came across a Cinnamon Toast Crunch cupcake recipe, and guess what!  That's  HIS FAVE cereal!  The recipe was super easy, and it allowed me to incorporate box (yes, BOX mix) Vanilla, with some extra buttercream, crushed up CTC and a few additional ingredients.  The cupcakes smelled delish!  I then created a CTC cream cheese icing - just added a bit of crushed up CTC to the cream cheese icing.  I topped each cupcake off with some sprinkled cinnamon and sugar and a piece of Cinnamon Toast Crunch.  I tasted them when I brought them to VA (we attempted to share one, but he ate the rest of it!).

I loved the recipe, and it was super easy to make - so I'll definitely have to make them more often!  Stay tuned for some other fun recipes I have been trying!  Bake on!

(P.S. I didn't take a picture of the cupcakes, but I have a cute one of my BF and me at the beach!)

No comments:

Post a Comment