Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Obsessions!

I must admit...I am a coffee addict! Completely obsessed, love it, could drink it everyday, all day, for the rest of my life.  My sophomore year of college, my roommate was (almost) equally as obsessed as me with Starbucks!  So for her birthday, I decided to make her a Starbucks cake to reflect  her obsession.  The best part of the cake...I used chocolate covered espresso beans on the top of the cake to look like the coffee!  Delish!











Then this year, a friend of mine wanted a cake for her friends birthday.  Of course, I asked- what does she like?  The best cakes normally reflect people's hobbies, favorite sports teams, favorite books, or movies... what did she want for her friend?  Twilight!  So I did some research (I've already read the books and seen the movies) but how could I put THAT on a cake?!  So I went with something simply and symbolic.


I think that taking your obsession and turning it into something delicious is important and fun!  And plus, by knowing what people like allows me to get to know the person and put my heart and soul into the cake.  I always always put my heart and soul, but to get to know why a person loves things in their lives- makes it so much easier and more fun to create a beautiful cake!



BAKE ON!

1 comment:

  1. Baby u would find a way to mix coffee with your cake baking, it looks great keep up all your hard work.

    ReplyDelete