Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Busy Birthday Weekend!

This weekend was filled with lots of birthday cakes and cupcakes, not enough time and some stress.  But all in all-the cakes and cupcakes came out great.  I let the pictures do the talking! I made cupcakes for my co-workers.  Which were gone by the end of the night, and not everyone got one!  So I will have to make some more- but they were a huge hit!

Here I am with my Aunt Lillian's Birthday cake- I have missed her birthday the past 4 years while at school, and so I was finally home to make her birthday cake.  She loves old movies, so I made a film spool and put her favorite movies on the film (Gone with the Wind, The Parent Trap, Casablanca and It's  Wonderful Life).


I've made this Minne Mouse cake once before, but this time around- I had SO much trouble with the fondant.  So I had to think on my feet and dye some new fondant and it finally came out great.  Below are my 2 cousins who were at the birthday party- they LOVED the cake!

Bake on!

No comments:

Post a Comment