Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Baking for the heart!

I've recently lost my voice...and it is not fun.  So in order to cheer myself up, I decided that I was going try out some new cookie recipes just to work on my techniques and to add to my resume new assortments of cookies.  So I was inspired by Martha Stewart as well as the Food Network. 

I started of working on Red Velvet Gooey Cookies.  I used Red Velvet cake mix and mixed it with cream cheese, butter and a few other ingredients.  And they came out YUMMY.  They stay soft and kind of crumble in your mouth.
  
Next up, I made a great FALL or Winter cookie...oatmeal, almond crisps.  Super easy, and they are nice and warm for you to have with tea (I have had 3 cups today) or coffee (I miss my dear coffee...since I am sick, I can't drink it) or hot cocoa (best part of winter!)


And lastly...I attempted to make Lemon Meringue cookies (attempt being the key word).  I successfully made one batch, after throwing out 2 different batches of the Meringue that did not get to the proper consistency.  And my oh my...it took a lot of mixing to get it to the proper consistency and my arm hurt.  But the batch came out pretty good!  May have to try it out again to learn some new tricks..but live and learn!

Bake on! 

No comments:

Post a Comment