Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Cupcakes for Kids!

As I have mentioned probably many times before..I LOVE KIDS!  and I love baking for kids, they love anything that is cute, festive and YUMMY!  This past summer..I had 2 birthday cakes for lovely little kids.  A little girl who was turning 2, and a little boy who was turning 5!  Of course, they wanted fun and festive cakes (for the grown ups) but cupcakes work so well for little kids!  Because it is a miniature cake just for them.  They can dig in, make a mess, and enjoy.

For the little girl, I made that awesome butterfly themed cake (shown in earlier posts) and then I did lady-bug cupcakes.  I individually piped each part of the lady bug, switching from red icing, to black to white.  It was time consuming and it hurt (my hands were sore and dyed red!).  But look how cute they came out!  Perfect for a cute bug themed birthday party :)










And the adorable 5 year old wanted a Buzz Lightyear themed cake with the Aliens as cupcakes (You know the ones who said "oooooooooooh").  Again..I hand piped each cupcake with the face, eyes and ears.  It was a little difficult to get the right ear shape and make them as cute as they are in the movie...what do you think of them??











BAKE ON!

1 comment:

  1. Cake baking is a wonderful hobby and joyfulness. It will definitely make the mind pleasure and stress-free.
    Baking Classes in Chennai
    Baking Courses in Chennai

    ReplyDelete