Tuesday, September 21, 2010

FORE!!!!

As I have said many times before...(maybe not here,  but in person!)  Cakes make great gifts!  It's a great way to show someone you love just how much you care.  It gives them something delicious to enjoy and it can incorporate anything about them, their favorite color, pastime, hobby, band, sports team etc... You can say pretty much anything with a cake.

Well my best friend is away at graduate school, and missing her dad's big 60th birthday.  Soooo..since her family is my 2nd family- she asked me to make her dad a cake.  As an avid golfer, I searched to find him a great golf cake to make for his special day!  I settled on combing a putting green, water, and a sand trap.  I showed up at her house and delivered the cake a few minutes before her dad got home.  He saw me as he walked in, and was like "ahhh...I have a cake" he walked into the kitchen and this lovely cake (if I do say so myself) was sitting right there for him!  Happy Birthday Mr. D!!!











Next time you want something special...just think of a cake! and BAKE ON!

No comments:

Post a Comment