Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Hook 'em!

This past weekend I travelled up to a small town on the border of New York and Vermont to visit one of my best friends from college. She is moving to Texas to go to grad school, and she was throwing a good-bye celebration. She asked me if I could help her with a cake - and of course I said yes.  How could I not make her a going away cake? 

At first, she wanted the state flag of Texas on a sheet cake - but once I was up there, we decided to do the Texas logo, the Longhorns.  It was a basic sheet cake, that I iced and then piped the Longhorn logo (free hand) and then piped along the edges of the cake to polish it off.  Everyone enjoyed the cake, and Marie was quite impressed!  So best of luck best friend, and hook 'em!















Bake on!

No comments:

Post a Comment