Sunday, August 21, 2011

Taste Test!

This week I experimented with yet another flavor of cupcake! (by the way - the bride and groom LOVED the cookies n cream cupcakes!) But this week - I went with my mom's favorite- lemon and raspberry.  She loves lemon cake  - and she also loves raspberry martinis!  I found this great recipe online that used Chambord in the cupcake and the icing - and knowing that we had some left over Chambord, I figured why not!

The cupcakes came out nice and light - and had a great lemon taste thanks to fresh lemon juice and lemon zest.  The icing was super sweet but it balanced out the cupcake perfectly.  My mom loved them and I brought some over to a friends house for a party and they were a huge hit!  I think next time I would change up the icing to make it a little less sweet!  But check out the recipe I followed here, from Bakedbree.com.  Soo yummy!  Bake on!

No comments:

Post a Comment