Sunday, August 14, 2011

From Scratch...

Knowing that today was going to be a gross day out (and it was...pouring rain all day!) I knew it was a perfect day to check out some new recipes.  And I had the perfect excuse to practice - one of my brother's friends is getting married next weekend - so I am making cupcakes for their rehearsal dinner!

I wanted to make something new and from scratch - just to test out some new recipes.  I was debating between vanilla bean and lemon, but nothing seemed to catch my eye.  UNTIL - I saw this amazing cookies and cream recipe (check out the recipe here from Annie's Eats blog!)  They came out delicious - I had my family taste test them for my trial run.  I will definitely try and tweak the recipe in the future to put my own little spin on it, but it is an amazing recipe!  The cupcakes look super cute, and are moist and yummy!  I can't wait to try batch number 2 and make them even prettier for the rehearsal!

Congrats!  And I am looking forward to more experiments - so stay tuned and BAKE ON!

No comments:

Post a Comment