Saturday, August 27, 2011

Beauty & Andi Part II

It was one of my first blog posts last year - Beauty & Andi!  My cousin Andi turned 4 this year- and as usual I made her cake.  I was hoping to make her something different this year, maybe a castle or a different Disney Princess.  BUT - what did she want?  Belle, from Beauty and the Beast.  The exact same cake I made her last year!

I made a few modifications this year - I used a different doll (barely!) and I also used a different icing tip to give her dress a different finish.  Last year her dress had this rippling effect and this year, I did little stars.  The one element that stayed the same - were the sparkles! I love making my princesses sparkle, it adds such a magical touch to the cake.  The only downfall...is I end up with sparkles all over me and my kitchen!  Oh well..sparkles never hurt anyone.  Which one do you prefer?  This years or last years cake?!  BAKE ON :)

2 comments:

  1. Such a pretty cake! And a girl wants what a girl wants .. kudos Andi for sticking with your fav ;) Maybe next year Vicky she will want a different design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha - Thanks Ada :) Even if she wants Belle next year, it's one of my favorite cakes to make (super simple and comes out pretty each time!)

    She's a determined 4 year old!

    ReplyDelete