Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Under the Sea!

It's been a while since I've made a Disney Princess cake - but when I got the opportunity to make a new Princess - of course, I hopped on it!  One of my best friends from school, wanted to surprise his girlfriend with a birthday party (and of course, cake!).  She has amazing beautiful red hair, and she loves The Little Mermaid, and after some thinking - I figured it would be awesome to do a doll cake!

But, how did I do a dress, if Ariel really never wears a signature dress? Well, I used the dress to be the water, and her fin/tail was outlined in the water!  With the base of the cake as the sand/bottom of the ocean.  Everything on the cake was edible, the sand, the flowers, the fishies (yup - those are colored gold fish!), and even Flounder!  The cake was a huge hit, and of course, she was surprised!  Her birthday is this week (and so is my mom's!) so Happy Birthday to the both of them :)  May there be many more!  Check out the pics below, and let me know what you think.

















Bake on!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Vicky! I am catching up on blog world. What an awesome cake u made! so creative and unique - WONDERFUL! I'm glad to see that u r still baking = having fun fun fun! Keep shining!

    ReplyDelete