Sunday, September 11, 2011

A Quarter of A Century Weekend!

This cake was for an amazing celebration, a 25th wedding anniversary for the parents of one of my friends!  Wow, 25 years - isn't that amazing?!  My friend planned a fabulous outdoor surprise party for her parents, including a custom cake by me!  Using silver and white, I created this red velvet (ooooh yeah, from scratch!) tiered cake with hand-piped designs and silver and white pearls!

To make sure her parents would like red velvet, I sneakily gave them my cupcakes to "taste-test" after a failed attempt at red velvet, I finally nailed the recipe, and the cake was a huge success!  The party was a complete surprise and they loved the cake!  Check out pics below! (This weekend was also my cousin's 25th birthday, he loves oreos - so I made him my cookies 'n' cream cupcakes from a few weeks ago, yummy!)

Now I'm off to taste test some new cupcakes...stay tuned and remember to bake on!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment