Tuesday, November 16, 2010

TOUCHDOWN!

Well...today I decided to write about the football cake that I made two weeks ago for a first birthday party!  The reason I chose to write about and show the cake today, is because my boyfriend made the Navy Flag Football Team on his base of over 6,000 sailors!  I'm so proud-- he's going to kick Army's (you know what!) GO NAVY!
But as I digress...the little boy, Roy LOVED football and he is only one year old!  He would yell "touchdown!" at the TV whenever he saw a game on.  He was so excited and way too adorable for his own good, for his big 1st birthday.  The cake was huge and so much fun (and so much work). I did a banana cream and strawberry filling in between all of the layers (YUM!). And individually piped the field and the football.  It was a huge hit!  What do you think?
















And remember:  All of my cake orders between now and December 25th- I will be donating $25 of my profits to the USO- Operation Care Package.  If you are interested in a cake- let me know (send me a comment)!  And if you are interested in donating to the USO directly, check out: http://www.uso.org/operation-uso-care-package.aspx  Happy Holidays everyone...it's the giving season.

Bake on!

No comments:

Post a Comment