Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Ice Cream or Cupcakes? BOTH!

I've seen these many times before, but I never attempted them until this past 4th of July!  Every 4th, I try and make something unique and new that will challenge my baking skills.  It's a tradition from after my freshmen year of college (Summer '07) in which my Mom started my love of baking by challenging me to create the Teddy Graham Swimming Pool.

This year, I went with an easier recipe but still challenging.  I made cupcakes in ice-cream cones!  I had to figure out how to balance the cones in my baking pan, then scoop in enough batter and make sure they baked all the way through.  I definitely made a bit of a mess, and a few overflowed, but they looked super cute!  Everyone enjoyed them thoroughly, and I think they look more complicated than they actually are!  Take a look and let me know what you think!  BAKE ON!

No comments:

Post a Comment