Sunday, July 15, 2012

Red, White, and Blue - YUM!

This isn't my typical baking post - but I really wanted to share this recipe, because it was creative, festive and fun!  I can't wait to re-create these Jell-O Shots for many different occasions (I even have a request for football team related shots!)  I saw these on Pinterest - but sadly couldn't find a recipe, so I had to make my own concoction and it was definitely worth it!

I finally found Jell-O shot cups after searching so many different stores - thank you Party City! I mixed Blue Raspberry Jell-O with Pineapple Cruzan Rum and poured them into the bottom of cups.  Then froze those until they were solid.  Next up - WHITE!  So I added some cool whip and spread it to make a nice layer.  I had to freeze them again, to make sure the red didn't seep through. Then... I mixed Strawberry Jell-O with Mango Cruzan Rum and put that in the refrigerator to allow it to set up a bit before pouring onto the top layer.


I finally added the red to the top of the cups, sealed the cups and put them in the freezer to get ready in time for our 4th of July BBQ!  They came out DELICIOUS.  They were a little too large as a shooter - so some even ate them with a spoon, but the cool whip made it really refreshing and the fruity flavors mixed well.  Take a look and stay tuned to other future MIXTURES :)  Bake (and shot) on!

No comments:

Post a Comment