Wednesday, June 27, 2012

A Special Birthday for Grandpa!

My Grandpa turned 80 this past June 9th, and he is probably one of the most important male figures in my life.  I grew up, upstairs from him and I truly do appreciate who he is and what he has done for me.  What is extra special is, he was in the Navy and my boyfriend is in the Navy - so they especially get along :)

I was assigned to make his birthday cake for his 80th birthday - and since we were only doing dinner for his birthday (instead of a surprise party) - I made him a golf themed cake and then a Strawberry short cake.  He told me that his favorite cake was Strawberry shortcake - so I attempted to make that from scratch.  It was good, just different from any kind of cake I have ever made.  It was delicious but just not my usual moist buttermilk-type of cake.  Check them out and let me know what you think.  My grandpa enjoyed them both, and I was happy that I could do something special for him for everything he has done for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment