Monday, March 19, 2012

Happy St.Patrick's Day!!!

I may only be a "wee" bit Irish -but this year I went all out for St. Patrick's Day (my boyfriend is really Irish!).  I went all out and bought green necklaces, shamrock glasses, Leprechaun hat headbands, and of course, cupcake tins! I searched online for some Irish themed cupcakes, and Irish Car Bomb cupcakes and I knew I had to make them!

 It was a Guinness chocolate cupcake, a Jameson ganache, and a Bailey's Irish Cream buttercream icing!  It was the first time I incorporated beer into a cupcake, and it was quite the experience - I paid close attention as to not burn the beer, and the cupcakes came out perfectly!  It was also the first time I made a ganache, and I was a little afraid about getting the chocolate chopped properly and getting the right consistency.  I probably could have let it sit and cool a bit longer, but it was also delicious!

I finished the cupcakes - and everyone thoroughly enjoyed the cupcakes, and I have to make them again this weekend for my sister in law's birthday...so more adventures to come!  Bake on!

No comments:

Post a Comment