Monday, March 12, 2012

Yummmmmy Cupcakes!

I will usually taste my cupcakes before handing them out (USUALLY)... but I also kind of like the surprise and the feedback of other people.  Especially when I try a new flavor - I like the criticism, because it's always positive because it can only make me a better baker!

It was my best friend in the entire world's birthday last week, and sadly - we couldn't spend it together.  So I went to visit her this past weekend for a birthday re-celebration with her family.  She had asked me the month prior to her birthday to make her some special cupcakes (last year, I made her Princess Aurora).  I started to brainstorm of something cool to do - but I knew what would make her happiest.  We bonded over a few inside jokes in middle school, and one of them was Milkyways!

So I made  her Milkyway flavored cupcakes - I melted down Milkyway bars, folded them into the cupcake batter, and made a chocolate butter cream.  As you bit into the full cupcake, it was as if a Milkyway exploded!  I was quite proud of them... I am looking forward to making some other candy bar cupcakes in the future, so stay tuned and bake on!

3 comments:

  1. Yuuuuuum! Have you experimented baking with the book I had gifted you? Great book for inspiration. Can u tell I am back to blogging. Ok, 100 more people to catch up comment on ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Milkyways are my favorite candy bar! Can I please have the recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure thing Samantha! I actually found the recipe from "Confessions from a Cookbooks Queen" - you can find it here - http://www.confessionsofacookbookqueen.com/2010/05/milky-way-cupcakes/

    Thanks to Pinterest, I usually experiment with the recipes. And I also go a little heavy handed on the sweets to make it a bit tastier!

    ReplyDelete