Monday, June 11, 2012

Whoopie Fun (fetti)

Like I have mentioned many times before - Pinterest is my obsession!  And it's great because it constantly inspires me to make more and more desserts.  I have expanded outside of just cakes, into cupcakes, and pies and cookies and different flavor combinations and decorations.  This time, I decided to try and make Whoopie Pies.  I had purchased a Whoopie Pie cookie sheet and figured it was time to put it to use.  I found a recipe courtesy of Betty Crocker - that used Funfetti cake mix and turned them into the MOST delicious Whoopie Pies.

It's a combination of box mixed cake, fresh ingredients and icing made from scratch.  Once that is all done (the icing is a combination of cream cheese, butter, sugar and vanilla!), you create your Whoopie Pies and then add some colorful sprinkles to the icing to really make them Fun! I look forward to making more and different types of Whoopie Pies- so stay tuned.  And if you're looking for an easy recipe to impress - I'd try any Whoopie Pie from Betty Crocker!  Enjoy & Bake on!


No comments:

Post a Comment