Monday, September 26, 2011

Are You A Belieber?

This was a fun cake!  It was for my boss' daughter - she was turning 11 years old, and what else would an 11 year old girl want for her birthday cake?  JUSTIN BEIBER!  (When I was 11...I got *NSYNC).  I sent her some options from ideas I found on the internet - and she chose a rectangle, zebra printed cake with a giant photo of Justin Beiber at the top.

With multiple layers of chocolate and vanilla cake, and chocolate and vanilla buttercream, this was a MASSIVE cake!  But it was fun and easy - as the cakes were in the oven, I prepped the purple fondant starts and balls for the exterior. And covering the cake was surprisingly easy, it definitely is true, practice makes perfect.  I added some purple sparkles, some metal swirls, and then Justin!  I ordered an edible photo and made a stand out of graham crackers, and mounted that on cardboard to be sturdy.


The hardest part was delivery - the cake was beyond heavy!  But I made it up the elevator and to the bowling alley and Sami loved the cake!  It is by far my favorite cake of the year, what do you think?  Bake on!

No comments:

Post a Comment