Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!!!!  Even if you're not with your loved one today, or even if you don't have a specific sweetheart- I hope you had a great day!  I don't believe in all of the hustle and bustle of V-day, but believe you should try and enjoy every moment you have with all of your loved ones (for me...my boyfriend who lives 800 miles away, and my nephew...who lives 8 minutes away! two of the most special people in my life!)

Instead of doing the typical box of chocolates for my boyfriend (he's not a big chocolate fan) I created these cupcakes below which I got inspiration from a cupcake book (Hello, Cupcake!) to make them LOOK like a box of chocolates! I used conversation hearts, M&M's, sprinkles, and chocolate molds that I made to decorate the top of the mini-cupcakes!  What do you think?
And for fun...we went to see the Blue Man Group in Chicago on Saturday night (AMAZING!) Then on Sunday after our lovely brunch - we ventured around Millennium Park and found a great chocolate shop around the corner from our hotel where we experimented with an Irish Cream Chocolate, a Hazelnut Cream Chocolate and a Peanut Butter filled Chocolate... YUM! 

 I loved spending time with my boyfriend- because isn't that what V-day is all about, being with your loved ones?  Not necessarily impressing them with fancy chocolates, or jewelry- but to find a neat way to say I Love You (even though you say it everyday)!  Happy Valentine's Day to everyone... just know you are loved by someone, somewhere- and they love you everyday- not just today!
BAKE ON :)

1 comment:

  1. Ur creation def looks like a box of chocolate - delish! Blue Man Group are AMAZINGLY FUN! I've seen their show twice in NY.

    ReplyDelete