Sunday, November 27, 2011

Happy Turkey Day!

As I am sure most of you are stuffed to the brim with turkey and left over turkey, and all of the trimmings!  How was your Thanksgiving?  Mine was really nice, couldn't ask for better company, food and weather.  I had the opportunity to make a cake for a family friend - she wanted something fun, holiday-esque and yummy.  I didn't have too much direction, so I scouted some examples online and created my own version of a Thanksgiving cake!

I layered chocolate and vanilla cakes (homemade) and then made a chocolate butter cream, because the cocoa powder creates such a lovely and warm chocolate color.  Then I made some bright fall colors, yellow, red and orange to decorate the rest of the cake with giant turkeys on the side, and leaves.   I think it was a nice mix of classy, fun, and festive!  What do you think?  Bake on!


No comments:

Post a Comment