Sunday, April 3, 2011

Birthday Wishes!

It's been a few weeks since I have made a cake - however today I was thinking back to my senior year of college (all of a year ago) and my last week at my restaurant job, I made 2 cakes for my co-workers.  One of my co-workers, Sam said she hadn't had a birthday cake with her name on it for a really long time (maybe not ever).  Since I love to bake before I leave any place I work, it made perfect sense to make her a birthday cake.

I started off with just a simple chocolate cake with chocolate frosting - can you tell, she loves chocolate?!  And then I added some colorful sprinkles around the cake to brighten it up.  Then for the rest of my co-workers, I wanted something a bit more fresh and spring-ish!  I made a lemon cake with fresh strawberries in the middle with this chocolate-whipped icing.  It was light and fresh, and it was devoured within 20 minutes of cutting it!  I had fun making a strawberry spiral design on the top and love to make this cake in the summer because it's so fresh!  Take a look and let me know what you think?!
















BAKE ON!

No comments:

Post a Comment